Happy 4th Anniversary of My 29th Birthday To Me!
Yeah, it’s something I took from my mother. Once you pass 29 years of age, for a few years, you start calling them anniversaries. 30 was not 30, it was the one year anniversary of my 29th birthday.
I think I’m coming to an end with the rouse, however. I’m floundering today, moment by moment, as to whether I’m really, truly okay with 33. The day’s only half over, so I’m still not sure what the end result will be (but it gives me something new to post tomorrow, eh?) but I think the general idea will be that I’m okay with it.
I like to think about things that I want to do in the coming year on my birthday. I think about the previous year, and set up some ideas for what I want to come. I’ve never stuck to New Year’s Resolutions, and I don’t really like to try to set myself up for failure like that, so April 5th is a great time of year to set some goals for myself. Plus, it’s easy to think about it in terms of my birthday. “When I was 27, I…”
I actually had an interesting Year 32.
- I began to work a lot closer to full time hours for other people, not just in a fervent effort to garner new business, or work on my own projects.
- I met a TON of new, amazing people. People whom I know are going to be friends and colleagues for life.
- I got a boyfriend who actually, really, truly, deeply loves me. Almost as awesome as that, is that it’s our own personal fairy tale. :)
- I came very close to having weight loss surgery, and backed away. Because I’m learning to be happy regardless. I’m loved regardless, so I need to be okay with it as long as I’m focusing on being healthy as I can.
- I was diagnosed as a Type 2 Diabetic. See above.
- I witnessed the actual birth of a child. Like, I was there, in the room. It was the most amazing, scary, beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. (Welcome to the world, Tommy!)
In Year 33, I’ve got some big plans.
- I’m going to move in with my wonderful, loving, amazing boyfriend. It’ll be the first time I ever lived with a romantic partner, and it’s exciting as all get out!
- I’ll be continuing to develop some really awesome stuff with my clients. I love them like family, and they’re important to me for so many reasons beyond paying my bills.
- I’m going to be working more on “my” stuff. My personal projects that I’ve had big ideas for for a long time. Things that share more of my knowledge, things that make me happy.
- My finances. I’ve been doing well with making sure I minimize my new debt and pinch down the old debt. I’ve got big plans for the rest of my life, and I’m ready to start working on making them come true!
- My health. I intend to refocus my healthy eating habits, exercise, and get this 30-something body prepared for making some babies! It’s something I’ve wanted my whole life, and I want to be able to provide a healthy, nurturing body to carry and later care for, a child or two.
Do you have any birthday rituals? Anything you do or think about in particular on your birthday?
I think I’m actually really going to like Year 33. :)