With a story destined to be an amazing one, it’s time for you to get serious. Locking yourself away in a studio is going to ignite your passions but it ain’t gonna pay the bills if you don’t loosen up and learn to love being online.
Let other people settle if that’s what they’re inclined to do… but no, you’ve still got that flame inside. With a little oxygen and some direction – It’ll grow to set off a thousand fireworks.
My dream is to help creative people learn the right way to shine online, to prove that you can build a profitable business from being an artist, even if you have no idea what you’re doing on Day 1.
My name is Lara Kulpa, and I’ve been a blogger, community manager, social media maven, consultant and speaker for nearly 20 years. I’ve worked with Fortune 500 companies such as Kraft Foods and Live Nation, online communities like Neopets, and spent nearly 6 years working as the “right hand” with high profile bloggers like Darren Rowse. I’ve been online since 1994 (blogging since before there was a term for it) with over 18 years experience making money online with blogs, managing communities, social media, web development and the internet. For fun, I’m an artist/jewelry maker and retired racing greyhound aficionado, who happens to live Upstate NY with two cats, my boyfriend (who owns those non-canine animals) and the newest addition, our daughter Sofia.
Kudos and Stuff…
When you look it all over, the trick was in ensuring that the hosts […] did what they could to set up a venue that felt exclusive (we had a gorgeous outside party with a view of the city), and that they mingled enough to introduce the stragglers so that everyone felt like they had something in common. Lara Kulpa, community manager, made that happen all night long. So the gold in all this, from my perspective, was in Lara and team making us all feel like VIPs, and I mean everyone. – Chris Brogan, That VIP Feeling, on Blog World Expo LA 2011
A few of my favorite things…
In no particular order, here are some things that make me feel alive:
- My retired racing greyhounds and the rescue groups I belong to.
- Being department photographer for the best damn fire company in Montgomery County, NY.
- Photography, in general.
- Crochet, painting, sculpting, beading, making art.
- Did I say painting? Because I REALLY love painting.
- Michael Bublé, Motown, Classic Rock, and The Rat Pack. My daughter’s obsessed with Katy Perry and One Direction, so admittedly, I’ve grown to like them, too. My dad raised me on everything from The Beatles to Led Zeppelin to Deep Purple to Jimi Hendrix, and I spent a few years working for a country music station, too. Okay, music in general. I love it, almost any kind.
- White tulips. Lots of ’em. In a short vase.
- My parents are the best friends a girl could ask for and my friends are the brothers and sisters I wasn’t born with.
- My big, loud, wonderful Italian (mom’s side) family is AMAZING.
- My grandmother was the only grandparent I had for all but two of my first 34 years, and she was pretty wonderful. I’m honored to be raising my daughter in the home she raised my father in, and I miss her very much.
- Riesling, guacamole, good chocolate, sugar snap peas, in-season-and-super-ripe watermelon, peanut butter.
- Sushi. Like, to the point where I think I could live without the previously mentioned foods, for the rest of my life, if I got to eat sushi daily.
- I can watch certain movies dozens of times and never get tired of them. This is including, but not limited to, A Bronx Tale, any Disney/Pixar animated flick, Top Gun, Goodfellas, and many others.
- Coffee. Any kind, any flavor, any size. Wait, that’s wrong… make mine an extra large!
Summing It Up
Here are a few other posts you might want to read to learn more about me:
- My Not-So-Official, Official Story
- Blog World Expo NY – 2011
- Making Room for More and Better
- 5 Things I’ve Learned Recently
And from others who have written about me:
- The ProBlogger Team
- Almost Live from Blog World Expo (2008 video interview at BWE)
- That VIP Feeling
- Essential Tools of ProBlogger Community Manager Lara Kulpa
- Interview with The Work At Home Woman
- Podcast with Srinivas Rao on BlogCast.fm
- The Actor’s Other Career Book: Using Your Chops to Survive and Thrive