My name is Lara Kulpa, and I’m a community manager, social media maven, consultant and speaker. I’ve worked with Fortune 500 companies such as Kraft Foods and Live Nation, online communities like Neopets and with high profile bloggers like Darren Rowse. I’ve been online since 1994 with over 17 years experience making money online with managing communities, social media, web development and the internet. For fun, I’m an artist/jewelry maker and retired racing greyhound aficionado, who happens to live Upstate NY with two cats, a guinea pig, my boyfriend (who owns those non-canine animals) and the newest addition, our daughter Sofia.
What’s This Blog About?
Well, I take my experiences in life and business and tell their stories here. I write because I love to share my knowledge and help people. I write because I enjoy blogging as a platform to connect with others who have similar interests, something to learn, or something to teach me. I feel like life is full of learning opportunities, every single day, and if I can absorb or share, it makes me feel good.
Here, you’ll learn from me, and hopefully you’ll be able to teach me something, too. You can get updates from me, along with special content I’ll send directly to my subscribers only, if you sign up for free:
A few of my favorite things…
In no particular order, here are some of my interests, hobbies, and favorite places on the web:
- My retired racing greyhounds and the rescue groups I belong to.
- Being department photographer for the best damn fire company in Montgomery County, NY.
- Photography, in general.
- Crochet, painting, sculpting, beading, making art.
- Did I say painting? Because I REALLY love painting.
- Michael Bublé, Motown, Classic Rock, and The Rat Pack. Okay, music in general. I love it, almost any kind.
- White tulips. Lots of ‘em. In a short vase.
- My parents are the best friends a girl could ask for and my friends are the brothers and sisters I wasn’t born with.
- My big, loud, wonderful Italian (mom’s side) family is AMAZING.
- My grandmother was the only grandparent I had for 34 years, and she was pretty wonderful. I’m honored to be raising my daughter in the home she raised my father in.
- Riesling, guacamole, good chocolate, sugar snap peas, in-season-and-super-ripe watermelon, peanut butter.
- Sushi. Like, to the point where I think I could live without the previously mentioned foods, for the rest of my life, if I got to eat sushi daily.
- I can watch certain movies dozens of times and never get tired of them. This is including, but not limited to, A Bronx Tale, any Disney animated flick, Top Gun, Goodfellas, and many others.
- I’m also still kind of addicted to Neopets, though I don’t have as much time for it as I used to.
- Coffee. Any kind, any flavor, any size. Wait, that’s wrong… make mine an extra large!
Summing It Up
Here are a few other posts you might want to read to learn more about me:
- My Not-So-Official, Official Story
- Blog World Expo NY – 2011
- Making Room for More and Better
- 5 Things I’ve Learned Recently
And from others who have written about me:
- The ProBlogger Team
- Almost Live from Blog World Expo (2008 video interview at BWE)
- Essential Tools of ProBlogger Community Manager Lara Kulpa
- Interview with The Work At Home Woman
- Podcast with Srinivas Rao on BlogCast.fm
How We Can Connect
First, there’s that subscription you know you want, to all the content here on the blog plus anything else extra I may feel like sharing. (Don’t worry, it’s not that often, and I promise not to share or sell your info. I respect your privacy and hate SPAM more than you do, I swear.)
Thank you for reading, and I look forward to connecting with you.